- Phone number
- +34 900 670 112
Regulations on external defibrillators in Extremadura
Regulations on external defibrillators in the Autonomous Community of Extremadura, standard for their installation, use, training and the required spaces in Extremadura.
Regulations on defibrillators in Extremadura | DECREE 16 / 2019
In Extremadura cardiovascular diseases are the main cause of death with more than 30% of the total number of deaths. Sudden death is avoidable with the use of a defibrillator and that is why the government of Extremadura is committed to regulate its installation through this DECREE 16 / 2019, March 12, which regulates the installation of automated external defibrillators (DEA ) in the non-healthcare area, the authorization for its use and the training associated with it.
Among all situations of health emergency, cardiorespiratory arrest is seen as a unique situation in which the goal is to recover life, avoiding or minimizing the consequences. Ventricular fibrillation and pulseless ventricular tachycardia are the most frequent cause of this situation in adults in the extra-hospital environment, and it is scientifically recognized that early electrical defibrillation is the most effective means to prevent deaths from this cause.
Defibrillators in Extremadura | The Board requires the installation and use of defibrillators
Correct attention to cardiorespiratory arrest requires that the first respondent carry out a rapid application of the actions contemplated in the chain of survival. Early defibrillation is an effective treatment against ventricular fibrillation, so the action of the first respondent is essential.
The accumulated experience, the innovations introduced in the basic state regulations, the scientific evidence available in this regard, the high degree of awareness of society before the problem of sudden cardiac death, and the interest of the Health Administration of the Junta de Extremadura in encouraging and facilitating the use of defibrillators in the non-health field, make the approval of a new standard advisable.
The new regulation introduces: the mandatory availability of defibrillators in certain spaces where there is a high concurrence of people and there is a probability of a cardiac arrest occurring, the need for authorization for the use of external defibrillators and the providers of training , as well as the creation of the "Registry of DEA defibrillators in Extremadura in the non-healthcare area" and the "Training Registry for the use of DEA defibrillators in Extremadura".
Regulation of the semiautomatic defibrillator decree in Extremadura
The purpose of this decree is to regulate the installation and use of external defibrillators in the Community of Extremadura:
- The obligation to have external defibrillators (AEDs), in certain spaces with a high number of people and there is a probability that cardiac arrest will occur.
- The authorization for the use of DEA in the non-sanitary field.
- The authorization to the entities of formative activities in use of DEA in the non-sanitary field, as well as of the instructors.
- The creation of the "Registry of Extremadura DEA in the non-sanitary field" and the "Registration of training for use of DEA in Extremadura".
This Decree 16 / 2019 requires the availability of defibrillators in Extremadura | Cardioprotected spaces
They are required to have a DEA defibrillator in working conditions and ready for immediate use, the following spaces or places, public or private:
- Centers and commercial equipment, individual or collective, with a sales area equal to or greater than 2.500 m². If they are distributed in several plants, they must be installed at least two DEA, one in the ground floor and another on the top floor. In the case of collective commercial equipment, a Additional DEA in each commercial establishment of the same that equals or exceeds the 2.500 m² of sales area.
- Transport facilities: airports and bus or railway stations, of populations of more than 30.000 inhabitants.
- Non-sanitary emergency services that may be first responders, such as firefighters, local police and civil protection in populations with more than 30.000 inhabitants.
- The facilities, centers or sports or recreational complexes in which the capacity, taking into account all available sports spaces, is equal to or greater than 700 persons. Sports facilities with restricted accessibility are excluded.
- Public establishments, premises and facilities where public spectacles are held, with authorized capacity equal to or greater than 1.000 persons.
- Educational centers with equal or superior capacity to 500 students.
- Work centers with more than 250 working people.
The installation of DEA defibrillators will be promoted in places and spaces not yet required to:
- Centers and commercial equipment, individual or collective, with a sales area equal to or greater than 1.000 m².
- Terrestrial transport stations in populations of more than 15.000 inhabitants.
- Facilities, centers, sports or recreational complexes, public or private, with capacity equal to or greater than 400 people.
- Public establishments, premises and facilities in which public spectacles are held, with authorized capacity equal to or greater than 500 persons.
- Non-sanitary emergency services that may be first responders, such as firefighters, local police and civil protection, in populations with more than 5.000 inhabitants.
- Residential centers with capacity greater than 80 beds, for people with disabilities, mental disorders, cognitive impairment, elderly or any other group that, due to the special conditions of physical vulnerability or psychosocial risk, advises.
Obligations of the person holding the defibrillator DEA | Maintenance of forced defibrillators
The owner of the space or place where a DEA defibrillator is installed, whether compulsory or voluntary:
- Ensure that the installation complies with the requirements established by the minimum conditions and requirements for safety and quality in the use of external automatic and semi-automated defibrillators outside the health area, and must bear the CE mark.
- Ensure its maintenance and conservation.
- Locate them in a visible and suitable space for installation, and that their location is clearly and easily indicated by the universal signaling recommended (ILCOR) and in a visible way the labeling corresponding to the emergency telephone number 112 and the instructions for its use. This location must be properly identified in the plans or informative maps of the place.
- Have authorized personnel for their use, during the time that the place remains open to the public, except teams located on public roads. The person holding the DEA will designate the personnel responsible for the management of the same, preferably those authorized persons, whose location allows them easy access to it.
- Facilitate previously to the personnel in charge of the management of the DEA the formation and update of the necessary knowledge for its use.
- Declare the installation, withdrawal or modification of data from the DEA to the competent body
Installation and registration of defibrillators in Extremadura
- The person holding the DEA will be required to present a declaration responsible for the installation, suspension, withdrawal or modification of data thereof, prior to the same taking place, before the General Directorate in matters of health care of the Extremadura Health Service.
- The declaration responsible for installation, suspension, withdrawal or modification of data of an AED will have the effect of its corresponding registration ex officio in the "Registry of DEAExtremadura in the non-sanitary field".
Use of the Extremadura defibrillator | Who can use the AED?
- All use of the AED must be preceded by the notification and activation of the 112 of Extremadura.
- The use of the AED in the non-sanitary field must be carried out by duly trained authorized persons.
- In the absence of the above, anyone can apply defibrillation for therapeutic purposes.
- On the part of the 112 Emergency and Emergency Care Center of Extremadura, the registration of the incidents will be carried out, for their information and possible statistical use.
Training use of defibrillators in Extremadura | Lifeguard project authorized academy
Authorized entities of training activities in use of DEA defibrillators in the non-healthcare field.
- In order to acquire the status of an authorized entity for training activities in use of DEA in Extremadura, the interested natural or legal persons must request authorization from the Directorate General responsible for training of the Ministry responsible for health.
In any case, they must meet the following requirements:
- a) Have a teaching team, whose instructors are registered and updated in the "Registration of training for use of DEA in Extremadura", among which will have staff with a degree or degree in medicine, a university diploma or a graduate in nursing , or technician in mid-level health emergencies, to exercise the direction of each of the training activities in use of defibrillator.
- b) To have premises that allow the imparting of training, both theoretical and practical.
- c) Have the teaching material that allows the training to be imparted.
- d) Have a training program that meets the requirements and basic contents established.
- e) Training program to be taught in the initial training and recycling courses, adjusted to the established.
Proyecto Salvavidas is an academy certified by the Junta de Extremadura to provide approved courses on the use of the defibrillator.
Instructors in use of external defibrillators in the non-healthcare field.
- To be able to carry out the training activities in use of DEA in Extremadura, the instructors must be registered in the "Registration of training for use of DEA in Extremadura", section of "Instructors in use of DEA in the non-healthcare field" .
- a) Have an accrediting degree as an instructor in the use of DEA (basic life support, basic life support and automatic external defibrillation, immediate life support or advanced life support) based on training activities of trainers recognized by the Spanish Council of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CERCP), the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) or the American Heart Association (AHA).
Training activities for the use of AED | Recycling defibrillator use
The training activities for the use of AED, can be activities of initial training or recycling, and are intended to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for basic life support and proper management of the AED, in order to know how to act in emergency situations and emergency in patients with cardiorespiratory arrest.
The initial training will consist of an initial course of 8 hours of duration with theoretical part and practical part.
The formation of recycling, will consist of a course of 4 hours of duration with theoretical part and practical part. This training will be carried out every 3 yearthe.
Period of one year to adapt to the new regulations and install the defibrillator / s
- The holders of spaces that have an AED upon the entry into force of this decree, will have a period of six months to adapt to the fulfillment of the requirements demanded in it.
- The holders of spaces required by this decree to install an AED, but do not have it at the entry into force thereof, will have a period of twelve months to adapt to compliance with the training requirements for the use of defibrillators. external semi-automatic by non-facultative personnel.
We are a company specialized in the training, installation and maintenance of defibrillators in Badajoz and Cáceres
Our company offers installation and maintenance services for external defibrillators, facilities approved according to Catalan regulations, comprehensive management service for external defibrillators with advice, installation, training, maintenance and repair of defibrillators to comply with the regulation of the autonomous community.
In the province of Cáceres We offer sales and installation services for external defibrillators in Cáceres city, Plasencia, Navalmoral de La Mata, Guadalupe, Trujillo, Coria and Alcántara, we are a defibrillator maintenance company and approved training on the use of external defibrillators.
In the province of Badajoz We offer sales and installation services of external defibrillators in Badajoz city, Mérida, Don Benito, Herrera del Duque, Villafranca de los Barros, Monesterio and Azuaga, we are a defibrillator maintenance company and approved training on the use of external defibrillators.
- Cardioprotegidos spaces
- Defibrillators renting
- Sale Defibrillators
- Desfibradores Badajoz
- Caceres defibrillators
- decree 16 / 2019