- +34 900 670 112
We all have the ability to be heroes easily saving lives
It is not necessary to be health personnel to save lives. Everyone, without the need for higher education in health, has an inner hero, saving lives.
The European Resuscitation Council, in the last official guides of 2015, included a first aid section so that in an official way all people could safely and based on scientific evidence perform a series of maneuvers or knowledge that allow us to continue saving lives.
CPR is vital for the survival of sudden death victims
If it is true that the most striking technique in the act of saving lives is cardiopulmonary resuscitation, there are other series of techniques or maneuvers to be adopted in emergent situations that may not seem to have a cause-effect relationship as beneficial as cardiac massage. quality plus ventilation and early defibrillation, but that, saving lives, are widely accepted by various international councils and are also perfectly capable of saving a person's life or at least stabilizing it until the health emergency team arrives.
Training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of external defibrillators
There are people who do not like to learn knowledge about first aid or basic life support for fear that something will happen to them, and total, as they are not sanitary, with calling enough emergencies. If it is true, that the simple act of calling emergencies is the first link in the chain of survival but this is not enough and we must act, we must be aware that we must act saving lives. Having knowledge in first aid and basic life support can help us save a life and will give us security when it comes to acting.
For first aid we can consider:
- Put a patient in a lateral security position if there is a loss of consciousness and breathing is maintained.
- The early recognition of stroke through some standardized rating scales such as Cincinnati.
- In a patient with strong allergic crises remember to always carry on the preloaded adrenaline if you suffer from an anaphylaxis, power can be treated quickly.
- The administration of glucose (sugar) in patients with hypoglycemia (lowering sugar), would also be recommended as a measure to deal with these situations.
- In case of chemical eye damage it would be ideal to irrigate the eye with clean and abundant water, in order to eliminate that toxic.
- In hemorrhages with great capacity for blood loss, the most effective is direct manual pressure at the point of bleeding and never remove the first dressing. We could also package the wound with gauze and then apply direct pressure for about 10 minutes until the complete cessation of bleeding. At a more advanced level, the use of tourniquets in those uncontrollable hemorrhages or the use of hemostatic bandages would be indicated.
- Fractures in which we see a deviation, the fundamental thing would be to immobilize, only with immobilization we will remove much of the pain to that person.
- In the burns it would be of choice the active and passive cooling with water for 10 minutes to lower the skin temperature and decrease the affectation
With knowing how to perform CPR correctly we are saving lives
These are a series of simple first aid techniques with which we are Saving lives, there are considered many more. The reality is that the majority of emergent situations are not usually cardiorespiratory arrests, they are events that are related to home and work accidents and that can also pose a potential risk to life. For them it is essential that more and more people enjoy this knowledge to be able to act in any of these situations, saving lives.
The knowledge will give us the security and tranquility that is needed in the face of an adverse event of this type, and therefore, we can all get our hero inside us and save lives, not only the toilets save lives.
Zideman DA, De Buck EDJ, Singletary EM, Cassan P, Chalkias AF, Evans TR et al. European Resuscitatio Council Guidelines for Resuscitation 2015 Section 9. First aid. 2015 Oct [cited 19 Dec 2019]; 95: 278-287.