- +34 900 670 112
The Construction Labor Foundation and the Lifesaving Project come together to fight against sudden death in the sector
The Labor Foundation will place defibrillators in 33 of its centers training, in different Spanish provinces, which will become "Cardioprotected spaces".
In addition, through the signed agreement, the Foundation will be given internal courses of Resuscitation and Basic Life Support and will offer defibrillators for companies in the construction sector, in advantageous conditions
Madrid, 29 of March of 2017.-
La Construction Labour Foundation has signed a collaboration agreement with the Lifeguard Project, with the aim of raising awareness and dealing with sudden deaths in the sector. Through this agreement, the joint entity will place semiautomatic defibrillators in 33 of their training centers, distributed in different Spanish provinces, so they will become "cardioprotected spaces".
In addition, the Foundation will provide internally for its staff, pulmonary resuscitation and Basic Life Support courses to know the use of defibrillators, as well as their subsequent recycling. Likewise, from now on, the construction companies that wish it and are framed within the scope of the Collective Agreement of the Construction Sector, may benefit from this agreement, obtaining advantageous conditions, in the acquisition of defibrillators and initial training and of recycling for its use.
On the other hand, both organizations have committed to collaborate in the dissemination of posters, infographics, videos, etc ... for the dissemination of cardio-protection campaigns.
30.000 deaths annually
According to Rubén Campo, general director of the Lifeguard Project: "30.000 people die every year in Spain due to cardiac arrest, being the main cause of mortality. After a cardiac arrest, only 5 and 10 minutes are available to save a person's life, an insufficient time in most cases for the arrival of emergencies. Acting with a defibrillator and CPR techniques in the first five minutes increases the chances of survival to a cardiac arrest up to an 70%. "
The Lifeguard Project is the main cardioprotection initiative in Spain, with more than 5.000 defibrillators installed. Its activity is focused on cardioprotection, the installation of defibrillators in all types of places, the maintenance of the same, the correct location and the approved training for its use. In addition to conventional marketing formulas such as sale and renting, the Lifeguard Project has solidarity campaigns, such as life-saving bracelets for schools, to obtain the necessary equipment and training to be a "cardioprotected space", a certification of the Society Española de Medicina, of which the Lifeguard Project is a certifying entity.
- · More information on the Lifeguard Project: www.salvavidas.eu. Free phone: 900 670 112.
ABOUT THE LABOR FOUNDATION OF CONSTRUCTION:
A Foundation at the service of the sector
The Construction Labor Foundation started its activity almost 25 years ago. It is a joint entity created at the request of the sector itself, in the 1992 year, through the General Agreement of the Construction Sector, and the result of an exemplary social dialogue between employers and unions in the sector: the National Confederation of Construction (CNC), CCOO of Construction and Services, and the Federation of Industry, Construction and Agriculture of UGT (UGT-FICA), with the objective of providing companies and workers with the resources that would make possible a more professional, safe, trained and with future
The Labor Foundation of Construction, in figures
• A total of 72.303 construction professionals trained in 2015. The 74% of them (more than 53.000) was trained in occupational risk prevention. The 23,6% (17.098) did it in some matter related to the Crafts of the construction.
• More than 3 millions of hours of training imparted (3.133.420 h) in 2015. More than 1 million hours taught in subjects related to the PRL.
• More than 770.000 workers accredited with a Professional Construction Card (TPC).
• Almost 10.000 visits to works in 2015 throughout Spain.
• A total of 65.000 registered users and more than 1.000 companies enrolled in the Online Employment Exchange, Construyendoempleo.com.
• More than 55.000 visits and almost 250.000 page views in 2015 in the free advice service Prevention Line.
• More than 300 companies already use Gesinprec, a free tool for the integrated management of prevention in construction, which is already being used by the sector.
• More than 400 training specialties.
• 45 own training centers distributed throughout Spain.
• 22 Preventive Practices Centers, in which teachers teach students the real risks that can occur in the works and how to prevent them.
• Near 1.400 specialized trainers.
• More than 140 own updated and specialized publications.
• Nearly 2 millions of visits received in 2015 in the Foundation's web environment.
• One and a half million page views on the corporate website Fundacionlaboral.org.
• Almost 100.000 subscribers in the Foundation's Digital Bulletin.
- Cardioprotegidos spaces
- Solidarity Bracelets